Health and Safety Competent Person Services
At the HSQE Partnership Ltd our H&S consultants can act as your “Competent” Health & Safety person, fulfilling the legal requirements.
What is meant by `Competent Person’
Good practice in workplace health & safety requires a mixture of technical and legal proficiency, ranging from skills which can be learnt by virtually anyone, through to the set of very high-order knowledge, experience, judgement and skills which make an ‘acknowledged expert’.
A Competent Person is someone who has sufficient training, experience or knowledge of health and safety compliance. The level of competence required will depend on the size and complexity of the situation, as well as the particular help needed.
It is vital to identify the appropriate level of health and safety competency that is required for each set of circumstances. This is where our team can help your business.
Every employer is required under law to appoint at least one Competent Health and Safety Person so as to assist them meet their legal health and safety obligations. This being a requirement under the Management of Health & Safety Regulations 1999. Any employer who has not done this is in breach of their statutory duty under Health and Safety Legislation and therefore becomes liable to criminal prosecution.
Our Competent Adviser Service:
Our team will deliver to your Company a Friendly, Expert Advisory Service from highly qualified Health and Safety Professionals (CMIOSH, MIIRSM)
- A letter of Engagement of our External Competent Advisory Service, this being valid for one year. The certificate is provided in a pdf format so that you can include the document into your job tenders and display it in your office reception area.
- A CV of your nominated competent person. This being a CMIOSH and OHSCR registered health and safety practitioner.
- Office hours telephone help line for health and safety related issues which you may come across during your companies daily scope of works.
- Provision of guidance by emails relating to your health and safety questions and queries. This giving your Nominated Responsible Person step by step guidance on how to deal with and address issues within your working environment.
- Advice and updates as Health & Safety Legislation changes.
- Regular newsletters containing general & construction advice and any legislation date changes where applicable.
- Our Competent H&S Advisor Service when opted for covers your company for a full 12 months.
Want to know more?
Give us a call for a free no obligation quote, we are always happy to help. Call Ian or David on 0800 193 3477 or click below for our enquiry form.
Request a callback
Please complete the form and one of our consultants will be in touch.